WHAT: The VIRTUAL Bike For Women is a way for you to bike whenever and wherever it works for you between April 24 and May 9, 2021. You can choose to do the ride indoors or outdoors.
WHY: This offers us the opportunity for racers who may not be ready to race in person to be part of one of Alaska’s favorite women’s biking event. We want to ensure all who want to race can race. It is a great opportunity for friends from near and far to challenge each other individually or just enjoy a ride together.
WHEN: Complete your ride on or between April 24 – May 9
WHERE: You pick your favorite 9-mile course and choose who you want to ride with, if anyone.
SWAG/MERCHANDISE PICK-UP: Yes! We have some fun stuff for you! Please pick up you swag and/or pre-ordered merchandise at either of the bib pick-ups below or at Chain Reaction Cycles after April 29th.
• Monday, April 26th, 4:30-6:30 at Trek Bicycle Store of Anchorage
• Thursday, April 29th, 4:30 - 6:30 at Chain Reaction Cycles
* Please note that you can have a friend pick up your swag for you!
Are you a "Bib Collector"? We do have some extra bibs available if you would like one. They will be available at the in-person bib-ups.
MERCHANDISE: Bike For Women Merchandise will be available at either of the bib pick-up times too!
Results: Post Your Virtual Results Here
Awards / Prizes: There will be no awards for fastest virtual racers but we will be giving out random prizes for those that post their results! We will let you know if you are a winner and how to pick it up!
Triple Finishers Patch: Virtual Bike For Women Riders are eligible for the Triple Finishers Patch!!!
- For your safety WEAR your HELMET but DON’T WEAR iPods, MP3 players, air pods, ear buds, or headphones.
- If riding on a road, stay close to the shoulder. Do not ride side by side! If you are riding with family or friends at a recreational pace, ride single file so cars will not be impeded and faster cyclists can safely pass you. Remember to be alert for cars.
- If riding on shared trails, ride at a safe speed.